From silver screen to going green, The Oakley Court wins AA Eco Award 2017
Following our huge victory during the summer at The Catey Awards 2017 for ‘Sustainable Business Award’ we are very proud to have successfully added the AA ‘Eco Hotel of the Year’ Award 2017 to our ever expanding trophy cabinet! Now in its 20th year, the AA Hospitality Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel celebrates the UK’s top hotels, restaurants, and pubs and the people behind them. It also marks the release of the 2018 editions of the AA’s range of lifestyle guides; the AA Hotel Guide and AA Best Restaurants Guide.
The Eco Award recognises a clear commitment to sustainability, demonstrated through good practice and policy to make a positive contribution to reducing impact on the environment. The Oakley Court’s green ethos ranges from dining to water management, guest activities and nature preservation. Sustainability initiatives include:
- Installation of Windsor’s first CHP unit, which has helped reduce carbon emissions at the hotel by 30%.
- Tesla charging stations for electric cars and provision of electric car hire.
- Electric self-drive boats that allow exploration of the Thames in an eco-friendly way.
- A ‘soil to plate’ ethos where kitchen garden ingredients are served in the awarding-winning restaurant.
- Wildlife preservation and bee-keeping in the hotel’s extensive grounds.
Andrew Oxley, Head of Hotel & Hospitality Services at The AA said: “Oakley Court sets a high standard of eco-conscious luxury which shows respect to its lovely scenic setting and for the environment in general.”
This is another excellent achievement for the hotel and clear recognition for our ongoing sustainable commitment throughout the hotel.