Wildlife at The Oakley Court
With 33 acres of riverside grounds, our beautiful location is a haven for wildlife!
We want to ensure all guests (human or otherwise) have everything they need for a relaxing stay at The Oakley Court and that’s why we have implemented our wildlife care initiatives. We have created a haven for wildlife of all sizes at the hotel and this includes:
- Bug Hotel – our purpose built bug hotel caters for creepy crawlies of all shapes and sizes
- Beehives – Not only do the bees have a lovely residence, but they are making our very own Oakley Court honey too!
- Hedgehog Homes – Even our shyest guests have purpose built homes designed to keep them cosy on our nature trail
- Bird Feeders and Houses – The incredible trees across the grounds host feeders and birdhouses for our flying friends, you may even spot our resident green parakeets!
- Swan and Duck Nests – down by the Thames we have created a cosy nesting place for our resident swans and ducks.
- Squirrels galore! – It’s virtually impossible to explore the grounds without running into these cute little critters!
To ensure our wildlife has the best possible opportunities to nurture and grow, we have committed to using organic fertilisers on our golf course and grounds. Electric boat hire, complimentary bike hire, regular litter picks and the use of biodegradable confetti at weddings further aids our push to maintain a wholly natural and supportive environment for the Oakley Court wildlife population to flourish.
GET INVOLVED WITH OUR WILDLIFE LOG!
Our 33 acre site is a true haven for various species of insects, birds and animals alike and we just love watching them thrive!
So much so in fact, we have set up our wildlife log so that enthusiasts, guests and staff can document their nature sightings when exploring the hotel grounds.
Take a look at some of the most recent spots right here or to add your own, send us your sightings on our Twitter @OakleyCourt and we will include it on the log!
What are you waiting for? Grab a pair of boots from the Boot Room, a hotel map from the butlers and head out onto the grounds to start your own adventure!